New Reed Case

Contrabassoon Reed Case

A few years ago I made my first Contraforte reed case out of tupperware, that case is a little beat up now so I made a new one. This is made from an acrylic box from The Container Store, some thick foam and duco cement. I drilled holes on both sides for air circulation, but I mostly keep my reed cases open when at home.

This case is for Contraforte reeds, but now I’m thinking about making a bassoon reed case. All together this was almost $15 which is still cheaper than the commercially available options.

Bassoon Reed Case

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s